Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Outfits
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:39 pm 

Oh wow - I am channeling AN...seriously that is almost exactly like the top I just made, only yours is real (well, BR real). Hmm...maybe I am remembering it from PAG, but hers looked more pink, and yours is practically the same color as mine.

I need to get around to photographing a few of my latest creations - skirt suit with hip length jacket and a pencil skirt that is not too long, and a pair of sailor pants.

31-25-32
size 6.5 shoe (yep - I've got big feet for a little person)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:03 pm 

Alterations Needed wrote:
Theory Amanda B Blazer, size 00; BR Factory Store blouse, size P0; Paige Jeans, size 23 (hemmed); Cole Haan pumps, size 5; Vintage brooch

Oh I love this outfit! I am always scared about wearing light colored jackets for fear of getting them dirty. But this looks fabulous not to wear!

Bra size: 32B
Shoe size: 5 or 5.5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 pm 

A new LBD: Black Halo Jackie O Mini Dress, Size 2. I am thinking it looks better with a belt, what do you think? (I would need to find a belt with a leather covered buckle).

Without belt:

With belt:

Here is the longer version with a belt for comparison:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayP ... L-WD265&c=

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Nukem! I was wondering where you went. We missed you! =)

The white jacket is high maintenance, but I love wearing it, so I guess it's worth it. I just make sure not to wear it when I'll be around high energy kids or animals. I think I would have a heart attack if I got paw or kid prints on it...lol.

I've wanted that Black Halo dress since the first time I saw it! It's beautiful! Definitely like it better with the belt. How's the sizing? Do you think I could get away with a size 0?

Stats: 4'11" :: 30-23-32 :: size pxxs/p00 :: shoe size US 4.5-5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:17 pm 

I agree ... w/ belt! The dress is beautiful!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm 

Alterations Needed wrote:
Nukem! I was wondering where you went. We missed you! =)

The white jacket is high maintenance, but I love wearing it, so I guess it's worth it. I just make sure not to wear it when I'll be around high energy kids or animals. I think I would have a heart attack if I got paw or kid prints on it...lol.

I've wanted that Black Halo dress since the first time I saw it! It's beautiful! Definitely like it better with the belt. How's the sizing? Do you think I could get away with a size 0?

I know you are smaller than me so I do think you could do the 0. The size 2 fits me in the waist, which is the trouble area to fit since my waist is bigger in proportion to my bust and butt. The hip area I can pinch maybe 1/2 inch of fabric but it's not bad (I am too self conscious anyway to wear anything too tight in the hip/butt area). I believe your waist is tiny so you might be loose there and in the hips, but nothing that alterations can't fix if you really like the dress (mine is lined in hot pink fabric, the longer version says it's unlined). I bought mine on Tobi for $258 so definitely look around, plus sites like Revolve and others usually have coupon codes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 am 

Nukem wrote:
A new LBD: Black Halo Jackie O Mini Dress, Size 2. I am thinking it looks better with a belt, what do you think? (I would need to find a belt with a leather covered buckle).

With belt:

Here is the longer version with a belt for comparison:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayP ... L-WD265&c=

Did you see How I Met Your Mother last night? I'm fairly sure Robin was wearing this dress. I was like, "hey, that's Nukem's dress!". :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:38 am 

Sailor Style Pants:
I saw these on Express.com, but of course I can't actually buy any pants from Express. So I made my own version. Mine are slightly low rise (sit below the waist, but not super low - I can bend over without flashing anyone, they are definitely work appropriate). They are normally not this wrinkled - I wore them today and this was the result after many hours of wear, but trust me they look much crisper after a fresh ironing. Sweater is J. Crew Jackie Cardigan in XS (not a PXS - the normal XS runs tiny and fits perfectly). Top is the Eurohalter from the Terry Precision catalog (they were my cycling sponsor for several years). This particular print is from 2006, but they have newer versions in the catalog now. Their clothing is primarily activewear - this is meant to function as a cycling/workout top with good coverage so you don't flash your boobs when you bend over at the gym or in spin class or on the bike. It has a shelf bra and concealed rear pocket with a hidden zipper to stash things in. I have four of these, they run 'small' by Terry's standards. The support is not ideal for high impact exercise on anyone who is larger than a B cup, but it makes a great casual top.

Attachments:
sailorpant1.jpg
sailorpant1.jpg [ 58.5 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]

31-25-32
size 6.5 shoe (yep - I've got big feet for a little person)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:45 am 

Another great outfit, Feldman! Those sailor-esque pants look so tiny in the waist/hips...the actual Express ones would have probably required tons of alterations.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 pm 

All the pretty belts, chunky necklaces & detailed tees available this spring are throwing me off! What do you think....nice or too much going on?

http://i42.tinypic.com/123uw6e.jpg Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 40  Next