Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Need boots for skinny calves under $200!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:15 pm 

I am posting again because I found a pair of almost-perfect heeled boots from Kohl's.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/bootshop/tall/PRD~701551/Croft+and+Barrow+Tall+Boots.jsp

The 14 inch circumference is accurate. They are loose at the very top of the boot but fitted throughout the ankle and calf on me. My calves are about 12.5-13 inches in circumference. Also the height of the shaft is perfect for petites. For the price ($31.99) I was thinking about buying them and getting the top of the boot tucked in by a cobbler. The heel height is also very comfortable. The only issue is that the boots are shiny, but not as shiny as patent leather but I can deal with it. Should I get them?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am 

I know I'm late here, but I figure I can mention it for reference...

I recently got a pair of boots (these) taken in by a cobbler. The job cost me $80 and they took it in by the back seam. With the price of the boots plus cost of slimming, I spent about $230 all together, which isn't too unreasonable for a perfect-fitting pair of boots. The cobbler I used is located right on Wall Street (and I was too lazy to shop around :oops:) so I'm pretty sure it'll be way cheaper anywhere else.

I definitely recommend going this route if you can't find anything that fits or you just really love a pair of boots that are too big in the calf.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 am 

I am super exited that i found my dream boots this week and i wanted to share with you guys some wise insights on where to look for slim calf fitting boots for the petite woman.
Don't waste your time trying on boots in regular stores that you know will only dissapoint you. The secret is really simple - go to childrens shoe stores! now before you argue that the style will not be age appropriate the idea is to only go to fancy little childrens boutiques (i live in europe, not sure if they have these in usa) they usually have italian or italian style inspired collections which are mature and slim built, because most hight street boots kids are especially wide shafts for more comfort and you dont want that. Shoe sizes usually run up to size 40. Plus they will be way cheaper, found mine for 165euros and in sale for 115!! (full leather)
i have a calf circ. of under 12", shoes 36, 5.2" tall. i found a sleek riding boot in dark camel with flat mature heels. shaft is in perfect proportion to my calves and fits snug around the ankles.
im glad i didnt order by Douboots as they hardly go in sale and as per this forum nobody seems to be satisfied there.
i would have posted a picture but apparently the file it too big to upload.
good luck boot hunting :)) [/color]