Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:48 pm 

Hi again, ladies :)

Just wanted to ask a question and thought this might be the best place to do so. Any interest on a thread on particular issues facing the extra-short (ie, those for whom even 'petite' clothing can quite often be decidedly too tall-proportioned), or are there... not that many of us? I could provide a first post with how I usually go about finding clothing that will fit, myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm 

Hi Ladies,

I have a question? What is the best lenght for a loose blouse on a petite 5'2"? :o

Thank you,

Monacogirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 am 

Hi Ladies,

I am Debonita and I am just 5 feet tall. I live in UK and I tend wear UK size 6, 8 and 10. My shoe size is uK 3 and often for good brands uK 3 also don't fit me well. I have always been finding it extremely hard to find clothes and shoes.

I have started my own blog. http://www.elegantlyfashionable.com/ have a look and let me know your thoughts. thanksxx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 pm 

Hi guys!

I'm currently a high school senior, but I haven't grown since sixth grade so I don't think I'm going to grow much more :P. I stand at 5 feet tall and around 90 pounds, so I'm pretty glad I found a community where I fit in (haha see what I did there?)!

I recently started a fashion blog, so please check it out! I'm going to continue posting more outfits, styling guides, DIYs, etc.

http://coffeebeansandprintedjeans.wordpress.com/

Have a great day!

Have a nice day!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm 

Hi everyone. My name is Wilma. I came across AlterationsNeeded forum through Jean of extrapetite.com. And like all of you, I am also a petite gal. I stands 5ft tall, 43kg with 32-24-33 figure. I am computer programmer and a graphic artist by profession. Though the nature of my job doesn't need to wear good clothes cause I am facing and talking to computer the whole office hours, my love for fashion still exudes everyday. I do love cute dresses, and unique finds that i can not see people around me are commonly wearing. I do alterations most of the time with clothes that I bought, and sometimes I find my self leafing through kid's size racks in department stores to find clothes that are of good fitting to my body frame. I am glad that I found a group of people through Alterations Needed where we may share the same problem, but we also share the solution. I am glad! I just joined the forum today, and hoping to know each one of you. Btw, i have just started a blog for petite girls, and it is ohsopetite.com. No much post yet, but im working on it.

Godbless us all. :)

Wilma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm 

Hi everyone, my name is Fran. I'm actually the opposite of petite, but have learned so much about making clothes work for my body from petite bloggers like Kelly and Jean. I've started purchasing items the way you are supposed to - where the item fits you the best on your widest/biggest part and then taking it in where you have to. I'm completely new to getting items tailored, so I'm hoping I can learn a lot from all of you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 am 

HI. I am searching frantically to learn how to dress stylishly (afford-ably) over 50. I am looking frumpy and detest it. I am looking into hiring a stylist to help me in the process, but still want info in the meantime. My big problem to start out is that I am short but not able to wear petite. If I'm not careful, I can look heavy. I am now 5'2 and weigh between 120 -125. Skinny neck, but hourglass figure. Lots of muscle and toned - I work out a lot. :( :( :( I have very broad shoulders, big bust (36 or 38 C), small waist, thicker thighs (toned, not fat but can't wear super skinny pants). To fit hips and thighs, waist is way too big. Too fit upper body, bottoms way too big. I'm long waist-ed so can't wear petites (they also don't fit my upper body). When you shop (online), all the clothes are shown on 5'10" models with skinny bottom halves.
HELP ME!! I know one answer is to alter, but how do you know what will look good on 5'2" when it is shown on 5'10"??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 am 

Hi, Franny. I'm sure alteration is the answer, but I still can't figure out what will look good on a short person when it is modeled by a tall skinny person?? And where to shop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 am 

Hi ladies!
My name is Elizabeth, and I am 5' 0" (well, and a 1/4" according to my doctor). I first discovered petite clothing years ago when I had a "real" job in the corporate world and had to look well put together (but don't we always want to? :)) What a relief it was to be able to wear something off the rack! It's still not easy peasy as I have a Polish booty, but it's much easier than trying to force my regular clothes into petite submission.
As I'm sure you all can relate, it's frustrating when you can't just wear something off the rack - you might go shopping with your girlfriends for something to wear that night, but you know you better have a backup because if you find something - well, you're going to have to say goodbye to it (and some cash) for a few days while it goes to daycare at the tailor's.
Not to make this sound like an advertisement, but this is exactly what inspired me to start http://www.thepetiteshop.com, which is the first online store dedicated exclusively to petite-specific and petite-friendly clothing. It's been a long time in the making, but we finally have a solid collection of goodies. With more to come. Woop!
Time to get back to work :).

The first online store dedicated exclusively to petite clothing for women 5' 4" and under!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:46 pm 

Hello Ladies,

I'm Indah, a girl from Indonesia. I'm petite, 158/38. I'm glad that i found this forum

Nice to meet you :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next