Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you deal with making returns?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 am 

Hi ladies,
This topic is not related to the "fitting room" forum but i wanted to hear your experiences and thoughts. As we all know, some merchants (jcrew, gap, etc)don't carry petite size clothing in their stores so we have no choice but to order online. This also requires us to make more than desirable number of returns. Going into a fitting room with an arm full of clothes to try on is so much easier than ordering and returning, isn't it? I always feel guilty about making returns so I tend to keep a few things even though I don't really love them. Crazy, huh? How about you guys? Is there anything that would make it easier for me to return without feeling so guilty? I feel as though the sales girls look at me with an evil eye when I come in with a bag full of stuff to return.
Thanks, ladies!

Post subject: Re: How do you deal with making returns?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 pm 

I just simply have to remind myself that most of there job is making returns now days with the existence of online shopping. Without fail, you will get the evil look, but I figure they would rather be doing that then nothing at all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:51 am 

Hi! I try not to take it personally; it's their job anyways. I'd rather return stuff that didn't fit than spend the money on clothing that I knew wasn't right for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 am 

While I do initially feel a little guilty about doing the same thing, I just remind myself that it's their job and they don't really take it personally, and in 20 minutes they'll probably have completely forgotten about me anyway. As long as you're not being a jerk about it, there's nothing to feel bad about. The tiny bit of guilt you might feel for returning something is not worth the price of keeping an item you'll never wear--not just the monetary cost of the item but also the space it takes up in your closet and the added time sifting through all the crap you don't wear to get dressed everyday, organizing it, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 am 

Having worked many years in retail, I agree with Lufelia that there's nothing wrong with making returns as long as you're not a jerk about it. When I processed returns from customers, it was fine as long as they brought everything back in good condition, were organized with their receipts, and were knowledgable about our store's return policy. The customers who annoyed me were the ones who had ripped off all the tags, brought back clothing that reeked of food or BO, or didn't have receipts and wanted cash refunds anyway. These people were also usually the rudest and pushiest. Just be pleasant and you have nothing to feel guilty about.

Shoes: 4.5-5.0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm 

Seeing as I buy multiples of basically everything (my normal size, petite sizing, up a size, down a size), I have a lot charged on my credit card. One look at my credit card statement and all guilt and fear is gone :P