Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hope you wore your dancing shoes!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:49 am 

I've discovered that ballroom dancing shoes come in small sizes and some of them are actually pretty cute! I've been all over the Natural Spin Dancewear website (see link below) and it seems like most of their shoes start in size US 4 (UK 1.5 according to their site). The website itself is a little disorganized but there is ALOT of stuff on it. I've ordered from Pretty Small Shoes but sent my pair back because it was so uncomfortable (open toe patent leather "Killer Heels" with an 8-inch heel). It seems to me that dancing shoes - because of what they are used for - should be pretty darn comfy and well made too. They all come with suede soles but for an extra $10 you can get them with a leather sole. I contacted them to make sure that the leather sole is suitable for everyday wear and they have assured me that it is. Most of shoes seem to range from $120.00 (Canadian) + $10 for the leather sole and $15 extra for certain heels. Each pair has several heel height and type selections available - including stilettos! Yay! There are also detailed instructions on how to measure your foot and how to order. There's a "ready in stock" section that features free shipping but the shoes in that section start at size 6 US (crappy for me with my size 4 feet) and shipping is quite expensive at $19 to Canada & USA ($6 for each additional pair). Also, I believe the shoes are made to order in China so they take around 4-5 weeks to arrive. Returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. BUT it might all be worth it in the end to finally get a sexy pair of stiletto sandals that I can spend an evening in pain free! I haven't taken the plunge yet but I'm seriously considering giving it a try.

Has anyone else had experience with dancing shoes as regular shoes? If so, can you recommend any sources?

Website address:
http://www.naturalspin.com

One of my favs:

Post subject: Re: Hope you wore your dancing shoes!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 am 

TracyloveJohn: I'm not sure what your post has to do with mine...