Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Picking TLBC Size!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:04 pm 

First post! Yet another petite girl here on the quest for the perfect bra. I finally went to Nordstrom and got measured after thinking I was a 32A for years and the girl said I was either a 30B or 30C. I left with a Betsey Johnson 723100 (cute and comfy, but doesn't really do much for the girls as far as lift or cleavage) and a Calvin Klein Seductive Comfort bra (my new everyday bra, highly recommended!), both in 30C, that seemed to fit well in both the band and cup. I'd like to try The Little Bra Company but I'm not sure what size to go with. My under bust measurement is 27" and my bust is 30", which using the "add 4 inches" method puts me at a 32 band size, but 32 has always been too big. I did try on a 34A in the Lucia before I was measured but the cups were too big. At the time I thought the band size was okay, but I don't think I knew what a bra that actually fit in the band was supposed to feel like. :P

Should I try a 30C with TLBC? Or are there any other 30C ladies that have tried TLBC and would recommend a different size? Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Help Picking TLBC Size!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:23 pm 

Good timing, Carbonate! I came to the AN Forum to find recommendations on other petite bra brands to try, since my recent purchases from TLBC didn't work out. My under bust is 26" and bust is 31", and my only current working bra is a 30C from Calvin Klein (though I'm questioning if that's really my size...). I tried the Angela in 30C, but found that the band is actually a little big for me (I could fit all five fingers under the band on the smallest hook). And in first, the girls were spilling out, ha! I also tried the Elizabeth in a 30C, which I was really disappointed didn't fit because it would have been an awesome everyday/workout bra. I had the same issues here with the band a bit big and the cups too small. I think I would need a 28E in this brand, which I don't expect they'll carry anytime soon :( Your measurements are a little different than mine, so you may find that the 30C fits you well. The suggestion from other reviews has been to size up with respect to the band, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that. However, it seems that no matter how much you measure, some of it just comes down to trial and error, since even two people with the exact same stats are shaped differently. Good luck in your quest! - JM

Stats: 5'4.5" / 31-23-32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm 

I ended up taking advantage of the 15% off coupon in the Weekend Links last weekend and ordered the Lucia from TLBC in a bunch of sizes to try and narrow down what size I might be: 30B, 32B, 30C, and 32C, and as I said before I'd already tried Lucia in 32A and 34A. I think the best fit was the 32B (I'm really bad at telling since I'm so used to bras being too big!), but it didn't have much lift or oomf to it. At this point I think I might write off TLBC for myself. :( So, I ventured back to Nordstrom today and got a couple more Betsey Johnson bras in 30C and they fit perfectly:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/betsey-john ... ultback=91
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/betsey-john ... wordsearch

Both of these come in a 30D and DD, maybe they'd be worth checking out bideshisnomore? The Betsey Johnson 723100 also comes in 30D and DD.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm 

Ohh, thanks for sharing! I just ordered a few bras from Amazon, but if those don't work out, I'll check out your recommendations!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:26 am 

I'm glad there's still some people trying TLBC bras b/c I'm also having issues with sizing and fit! My measurements (with no bra on and fully exhaled) are: 28/29 under bust, 31 bust, 32 over bust. I received the Lucia Peony/Tangerine (old style that has a stretchier band) in 34A and Lucia Black in 32B to see what size I was in TLBC bras. I figured I would use the Lucia as a default size before ordering more bras, well it wasn't a good plan because the 34A was too big (loose band, gaping in cups) and the 32B was too small (short band, too tight, cups too close set, not comfortable)!

If there were more sizes available online, I would have gotten a 32B in Peony (love this bra so much but they said there won't be any more in stock after it sells out b/c it's an older season style). I have read that the Lucia runs smaller than the other TLBC bras and the cups are much closer together which I didn't like. Petites who love the Lucia always talk about how much cleavage they get from it, but I didn't see any since neither fit. Maybe the Lucia isn't for my body type, but I would love to hear about your experiences when you two get yours!

I am still considering ordering the Sascha because I have always wanted a comfortable strapless that can hold itself up without me pulling it up every few minutes of the day and gives me lift instead of making me look flatter! I might get a 32A and 32B, HOPEFULLY one of them fits me! Thanks Carbonate for the 15% coupon code!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 am 

I had a friend help me figure out which of the Lucias I ordered was the correct fit, and I was wrong, it wasn't the 32B, it was indeed the 30C like my Calvin Klein and Betsey Johnson bras (the 32 band was too loose). It looks really nice and makes my chest look awesome when I'm just wearing the bra :P, but I don't really see much in the way of cleavage when I put even a low cut dress on. Despite the lace it does look pretty smooth under a t-shirt. I tried putting on the Lucia and the Calvin Klein Seductive Comfort on under the same semi low cut dress and they actually provided about the same look, but I think the Lucia fits a little better since the cups are closer together and the band is a little tighter. The Calvin seems to have started to stretch out in the band relatively quickly, which is disappointing for the price.

So, I've changed my mind and decided to keep the 30C Lucia and I just ordered the Sascha and Elizabeth in 30C to try them out too. I've been wearing a Patagonia sports bra to Pilates and it's definitely one of the flattening kind (although to its credit it is very comfortable), so I'm hoping Elizabeth will be a little more flattering! littoBites, I'll report back on the Sascha for you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 am 

I just ordered two Saschas, 32B and 32A! I wanted to get a 34A too but since the 34A Pink/Tangerine Lucia was too big, I decided against it. Hopefully I made a good decision there, but we'll have to see when the bras come in.

Carbonate- How long did it take for them to deliver your package? And how did everything fit?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm 

Yikes, just dropped over $300 on bras at TLBC, after the 15% coupon, too. I wanted to try on a few sizes so I ended up buying 6 bras and will probably return and/or exchange them once I figure out what fits.

Here's what I bought:

Lucia - 30B, 30C, 32A
Angela - 30B, 30C, 32A

The bra calculator from the Bra Matrix says 30C (exhaled underbust 28", bust 32.5"), and TLBC says 32A, which is quite a difference. I know the bras are supposed to run small, but two cup sizes and a whole band size smaller seems excessive. Now I'm worried none of these will fit and I'll have to start over...

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 am 

Meg- The Lucia band is pretty tight so the 32 might be just right for you, but I don't know about the cup. I tried on a Lucia in 32B and I found the band to be very snug and the cups were very close together but it was uncomfortable for me since I'm a bit wider. Shopping for bras is frustrating enough, buying them online when you don't know how they'll fit is EVEN MORE frustrating. I hope you have better luck than me with your purchases, please review them here when you get them!

I got my Sascha bras yesterday and was disappointed yet again! Maybe I should have gotten three sizes instead of two to try on. The 32A ivory was tighter than what I'm use to and I kept snapping myself with the band b/c I couldn't get a grip on it when hooking it in the back. I had to hook it on the last hook and it was still tight. The cups flattened my boobs and there wasn't any room to scoop them in because of the extra padding. Even after taking the padding out, it still didn't feel like the "perfect strapless bra" that most petites rave about. I still had a lot of skin/fat hanging out on top, but no cleavage.

The 32B was much bigger in the band and the cups compared to the 32A. It could be because it was nude, had smooth fabric, which wasn't as stiff as the original sascha... but not sure. I had to hook it on the tightest hook and it still didn't feel as snug as the 32A. The cups covered much more than the 32A but the outer wires ended further out to my sides (meaning the cups were too big). This one seemed to give me more lift instead of smashing my boobs flat like the 32A, but I wish the band was a tad shorter and the cups a bit smaller too. One would think the 32A would be a good fit in that case right? Sadly no.

My measurements are 29'' (underbust), 31'' (bust), 32'' (overbust) and I've been wearing 34A (H&M, VS Pink, Target) for most of my life but in the past couple of months my chest has gotten smaller and none of my bras fit anymore. What other sizes could I be at the Little Bra Company? 30B? or 34A?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:11 am 

littoBites wrote:
I just ordered two Saschas, 32B and 32A! I wanted to get a 34A too but since the 34A Pink/Tangerine Lucia was too big, I decided against it. Hopefully I made a good decision there, but we'll have to see when the bras come in.

Carbonate- How long did it take for them to deliver your package? And how did everything fit?

Sorry for the incredibly delayed reply! Since TLBC ships from L.A. and I live in San Diego I got my package in a couple of days.

The Sacha in the 30C fits okay as both a strapless bra as well as with the straps for me, although it seems like the cup might actually be nearly too small...maybe it just seems like that since it's meant to be tight to stay up without the straps? I don't really see much cleavage with it with or without the straps, but it's definitely more flattering than the 32A strapless bras I was previously wearing from Victoria's Secret.

The Elizabeth in the 30C is very difficult to get on and off since it's a sports bra with no clasps. Getting it over my shoulders was a pain in the butt, but once I got past that hurdle it fit all right. It's really cute and flattering, especially compared to a traditional sports bra.

I decided to keep both of these and the Lucia in 30C that I ordered before. Looks like 30C is the correct size for me after all. Sorry you haven't had much luck with TLBC so far littoBites! It sounds like if the Sacha was all right in the cup size in 32A but too small in the band while the 32B was too big in the cup that you might be a 34A. If the 32A band was too small then I doubt you'd be a 30B because that band would be even tighter.