Alterations Needed Forum - Petite Fashion, Style, and Fit

Smartfeed Smartfeed    It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Burberry Alterations
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 pm 

http://us.burberry.com/store/womenswear/coats/london/prod-38448671-leather-detail-wool-cashmere-coat/

I recently purchased this coat from Burberry and had the sleeves shortened before taking it home. I have now gotten it back home and think that the sleeves need to be slimmed. It makes my arms look huge and bulky. I know that a few of you have gotten this service done by Burberry. I called my local Burberry and asked when the tailor would come in, an SA (whom I have never worked with) said that it is not something that they could do. Should I demand this be done or take it to a different Burberry when I am on vacation? Since I had the coat altered, returns are out of the question.... and I do absolutely love this coat, but I want a coat that fits well.

Post subject: Re: Burberry Alterations
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Hi izzles,

Here's what I would do:

- Try calling back in a day or two.
- Be very nice & up-beat on the phone, and ask if a manager is available.
- In a very cheery tone, explain briefly that you just bought a Burberry coat and am realizing it really needs the sleeves slimmed and would like to make an appt. with the tailor.
- If you get another "we don't do that" response, say something along the lines of, "Oh. Really? That's so odd! I have friends who get their coats tailored at the {New York/Beverly Hills...pick your favorite} boutique and they slim the sleeves no problem! Is there a reason why this boutique doesn't do that?"

Here's why:
- Chances are you got a SA on the phone that wasn't going to go out of their way to help you because you're not one of their customers/they don't know you. A manager is more likely to want to keep you satisfied.
- Mentioning that you know for a fact that other Burb boutiques do those alterations (and mentioning big flagship boutiques) lets them know that you know your stuff. Also, by keeping the conversation going, there's a chance you'll get a, "well...let me call the tailor and see if I can get them to do it".

If that still doesn't work, give the Burb boutique where you're going to vacation a call and see if they'll help you out. Hopefully that'll do the trick though.

Good luck!

Stats: 4'11" :: 30-23-32 :: size pxxs/p00 :: shoe size US 4.5-5